Friday, February 20, 2009

Picture of the day-Friday

Well happy Friday everyone. This is the last picture with a story. This is me (I'm the dorky looking one) and baby bear. Do you think my glasses are big enough HaHaHa. Once again we were off to Sears to have pictures taken, Nina was a year old so this was somewhere around February 1986. I had a really cool chocolate brown Chevy stepside pick up truck so we got Aunt Barbara and went to town. No problems with the pictures, went to get groceries then headed home. Halfway home between Hot Springs and Bismarck (in an area my daddy calls "the narrows") the truck died. Here we were 2 young ladies and a baby with a truck full of groceries on the side of the road - I don't deal well with this kind of situation. I told Barbara to go to a house down the hill and see if she could use their phone (no cell phones in those days). No luck there, but here came a truck with a lady that lived in Bismarck and she gave us a ride home. Once I got home I went to find my daddy and told him where my truck was and that he could just shove it down the hill - I didn't want to see it again. Well of course he didn't do that, him and my uncle Jan went to get it. Turns out, the truck had dual fuel tanks (yes I knew that) but they were hooked up backwards (no I didnt know that) and I had run out of gas. Had I tried to flip the gas tank switch we would have been ok and gotten home just fine but did that even occur to me - NOOOOOO. Anyway, I was mad so I sold the truck to my uncle Jan and bought a brand new Chevy Chevette - talk about dorky. HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND EVERY ONE.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You gotta wear those neat glasses in QC. That'll impress management like crazy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete