Friday, January 16, 2009

I just have to say it.....

I just got through watching the news and felt compelled to write about the recent plane crash (being touted as "The Miracle on the Hudson". )I believe it truly was a miracle - everyone survived - wow. Now I believe that every thing happens for a reason and I've decided to believe that the reason for this near tragedy is to remind every one (especially those on board that plane and their families) to be GRATEFUL. We take everything for granted every day - like waking up in the morning, like knowing that a loved one will be there when we get around to visiting, like knowing your car will start when you go to leave....We all need to learn to be grateful for everything we have (and even for some things we don't have), for everything we can do, see, smell, feel & taste. I read the book "The Secret" last year and while it may not be for everyone, it did teach me to be grateful. And for that - I am grateful.

4 comments:

  1. I am grateful to know you and Chuck. You are special people (you talk to me)!
    I was taught to respect my elders.....they are getting harder to find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have grateful friends. They're hard to find at any age! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Charles, it is great to have friends (period). I haven't had any in a long time. Now I have some wonderful work friends that I am grateful for every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A PS: And don't you find that the ungrateful grate on one's spirit?

    ReplyDelete