Friday, December 12, 2008

Very First Post

Tales from the empty nest, I love that name. Why the empty nest? Well the kids are grown and live elsewhere and it is just me and my beloved husband Norman. My daughter (Nina) lives here in town and Normans son (Bryan) lives about 2 hours away in Searcy.

What do you think of my daughter and grandson? I think they are beautiful. Connor loves lemons and as you can see from the picture, he has just taken a big bite out of one. This picture was taken on the day before Mothers Day (2008) here in Hot Springs at "Art in the Park" which is a local art show put on annually that I love to go to.

Tomorrow is the day for shopping for me. If I don't get it then, I probably won't get it. I can't wait. I get all excited at this time of year. I love to shop for gifties for the people I love and then watch them as they open the presents.

Times are tough this year so the budget is a lot less than I normally like to spend. I had to tell Norman that I would try to keep it down because I tend to go a little nuts when shopping for gifties. He just told me to "remember we have bills to pay". He certainly has the Christmas spirit huh?? Stay tuned, I'll let you know how the shopping went.

1 comment:

  1. Well! Welcome to Blogoland! Great beginning. Anxious to read about your shopping adventures!

    ReplyDelete