Friday, December 19, 2008

MY FAVORITE THINGS (part 1)

Have you ever seen the annual Oprah show where she shares her favorite things from the past year? It is always a great show and everyone in the audience gets all of her favorite things (you so wish you could have been in her audience that day). Well I started thinking about my favorite things. My list is WAAAYYY different and much less expensive than Oprahs and NO unfortunately I can't give any of it away but I do like to share so here goes:

1. AMBIEN
Yeah I know - wasn't what you were expecting right. Well I happen to love to sleep and I need this to do it. Just in case you have been living in a cave for the past decade, Ambien is a prescription sleep aid. It works wonders for some people and it is disastrous for others. I'm one of the lucky ones.

2. WORLDS SOFTEST SOCKS
I am one of those people who is cold all the time. In the winter I wear knee socks every day. Yes I know I am a 48 year old woman and knee socks were what we wore in grade school but these socks are so snuggly and warm. www.worldssoftest.com is their website (they are currently on vacation until after Christmas). They have mens and womens socks in all styles and colors and they are so soft and snuggly and warm.

3. SONIC
Sonic drive in restaurant's are not in every city in the country - but they should be. A major womens magazine did a reader poll a few years ago asking women what their favorite restaurants was. At the time I was shocked to find out that it was Sonic and not Red Lobster or Outback or Olive Garden. I love Sonic. I go at least 6 days a week and yes I get the same thing every time. A Medium Cherry-Vanilla Diet Coke and a Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Burrito. YUM!!

4. SINGULAIR
Oh, I know - another prescription DRUG. I can't help it. I have very bad allergies and I have asthma. I take one Singulair a day (along with a Dura-Hist) and I am well. Ten years ago I told my husband I could not go on living the way I was. Every day I was miserable - sneezing dozens of times per day, blowing my nose CONSTANTLY, you know - the typical allergy symptoms only mine were amplified because of all I am allergic to (almost all trees, almost all grass, almost all weeds, dogs, cats, dust, on & on & on). I lived on Benedryl. Then I went to a doctor who specializes in Allergies, got tested, got put on the right medication and immediately felt as though I had been healed from a fatal disease.

5. DIET A&W ROOT BEER
Try it and you'll know why it is on this list. I don't drink diet drinks because of the calorie counts - I drink them because they have no sugar (I have very bad teeth and do not need all the added sugar of soda). This root beer tastes great, has no sugar and has no caffeine. I love it.

OK, enough for today. I promise to share more soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...let's see: drugs, fast food, diet soda and socks. I'm beginning to get a picture here. Can't wait for more pieces of the puzzle!

    ReplyDelete