Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shopping - What was I thinking...........AAAGGGHH

Oh my, the traffic should have tipped me off that it was not in my best interest to go shopping. The traffic on Central Avenue (the main drag here in the metropolis of Hot Springs) was quite the challenge. People (in general of course) here in the natural state don't typically take Drivers Ed in school. OH NOOOOOOO, grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, and/or uncle Jim Bob teaches these people how to drive. They are NOT taught how to use turn signals, they are NOT taught that "green is for GO and red is for STOP" and they ARE taught to drive with foot on the brake AND the gas at the same time. I am amazed I have any hair left, I was sure I had pulled it all out even before getting to Wally World.

Once there, things looked good at first, found the first few things on my list. Then I headed to the toy department to find something fun for my Connor Monster. I could not get my cart down any row in the toy department - not UP the row, not DOWN the row. However, I did not abandon my search. I parked my cart at the end of the row with toy cars, tractors, etc. and then mosied on down to the section with items from the "CARS" movie (Connor loves that movie) and played with all of them (all the while my cart is in EVERYONES way-bummer huh). Finally found a cute remote control car and made my way out of the toy department. YEAH.

On the way to the cashiers, my beloved called and wanted to take me to lunch - heck yeah get me out of here. I didn't finish my shopping but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and should finish this week (as long as I have cash in my wallet - the shopping aint done).

1 comment:

  1. "(as long as I have cash in my wallet - the shopping aint done)"

    ROAR! :-)

    ReplyDelete