Monday, June 22, 2009

Friends & Family

Sunday at the Empty Nest. I got off work at 5:00 and came home to my little family. I bought Connor a little golf set and since it was SO HOT outside, we decided to play inside by rolling the golf balls up to the "hole". Connor could sit and do this for hours. We had a great dinner-Chris grilled pork chops and we had corn on the cob and mac & cheese. WONDERFUL. I love Sunday evenings with my family. Looks like my "part-time" job's schedule is going to be
Monday: off
Tuesday: 9-2
Wednesday: 9-2
Thursday: 9-2
Friday: 9-2
Saturday: 9-5
Sunday: 9-5
At least this is what it is for the next two weeks. My night job is now OUT OF THE FREEZER for the next 8 weeks - YEAH !!!!!!!!!!

FRIENDS:
You know how you have friends that you see all the time, talk to on the phone, go out and shop with or go out and eat with? Then you have friends that you work with (I just call them my work friends). I don't have any "friend friends" to go out with but I do have some wonderful work friends from my current job and from past jobs. In my last job I was a member of the management team and having "work friends" was not really possible for the most part so it has been a very long time since I have had any "friends" at all. Back in the late 1980's early 1990's I had a super best friend - Katie. Anyway, it is just so awesome to have the "work friends" that I have. Charles and Lydia and Reggie and Miss Terri (Campbell) you are very special people and I am so honored to have you as friends. Darlene, Sandra and Fran are work friends from a past job and they actually still keep in touch with me which just blows my mind. Usually I just lose contact and never see or hear from people again. Paula (Leal) is my Ex husbands wife - she is incredibly special to both me and Nina and we keep in touch via email, blogs and facebook. Some of you know that every night before I go to sleep I say (in my head) every thing and everyone I am grateful for and in addition to my family, I always think of my "friends" too. I am grateful for each and every one of you. For those of you that Pray - Reggie has some health issues and needs your prayers please.

Time to get ready for work - I hope everyone has a great week. Nina call the doctor and make an appointment please - I love you.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Ya'll are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, I FEEL THE SAME.....VERY CUTE PAIR PLAYING THERE.....LYDIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, Mimi has just a twinge of jealousy but I can say I am just sooo happy when I see pics like that. Especially when they are of you two!! LOL Go Nemo, be that Grandma!! And stop all that gushy stuff, dang it, you had me in tears. you guys know I love all ya'll. and danb it Nina..don't screw up!~! you know how important going to the doctor and taking CARE OF YOURSELF will play in your happiness..do it!!! okay xoxo paula/mimi

    ReplyDelete